Regulations and policies surrounding the use of unmanned aerial vehicles is still under development in Washington. We are monitoring policies as they are released at federal and state levels. In some counties and cities, new policies are being adopted as well. This information will be maintained in this section.
Current Federal Policies
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) – General definitions of UAV/UAS, sector information, registration
Current Washington State Policies
- Washington State Department of Enterprise Services
- Washington State Department of Transportation – Guidelines for Unmanned Aircraft Systems
County, City or Local Policies
- City of Seattle, WA – Drone flying policies
- Washington state – Drone laws (with video)
- Bellevue, WA – Drone policy
- Spokane County – Unmanned Aerial Systems, UAS Operations (page 417)
This page will be updated as new rules at published. Please submit new content to email@example.com for publication on this page.